Redwood City, Calif. – August 9, 2018 – C3.ai today announced that Forrester Research named the company a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Industrial IoT Software Platforms. C3.ai received the highest score in the current offering category. C3.ai received the highest scores possible in 11 criteria, including Analytics and Data, Professional Services, and Security.
The Forrester Wave report recognizes what we consider to be C3.ai’s leading capabilities as the fast-emerging leader in PaaS enterprise software for industrial AI and IoT applications. The report evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of 15 vendors’ platforms, with inclusion criteria of native support for key industrial protocols, a strong international presence, and strong Forrester client interest. Several other vendors profiled are C3.ai partners and complement the C3.ai offering.
In the areas where C3.ai received the highest score*, our capabilities include:
- CURRENT OFFERING: The C3 Platform, C3.ai Applications, and C3.ai Data Lake form a comprehensive set of capabilities for AI and IoT digital transformation, surpassing all other products evaluated in the Forrester IIoT Wave. Across all deployments, the C3 Platform consumes and analyzes data in production from more than 300 million IoT devices.
- ANALYTICS & DATA: The C3 Platform’s advanced data analytics provide unmatched support for ingestion and processing of high-frequency time series data for predictive applications. The C3 Platform allows data scientists to use all their favorite AI and machine learning tools to rapidly develop machine learning features and train predictive models, and seamlessly deploy these models into production applications.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: C3.ai offers customers a strong set of services for use case, application, and data science development, along with deployment, training, and operations support. Live and online training, customer support, a growing community of C3 Platform developers, online community support, and the C3.ai Center of Excellence are all part of the C3.ai tools and programs to ensure customer success.
- SECURITY: C3.ai’s comprehensive security measures have been subjected to rigorous external audits. C3.ai’s cybersecurity programs are managed using NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) best practices and established IT standards. C3.ai holds several cybersecurity certifications such as SOC2 Type II and complies with HIPAA and GDPR requirements.
- MANAGEMENT CONSOLE: The C3 Platform’s robust management capabilities include visual development tools, easy to use management and user interfaces, all for easy deployment and maintenance.
The Forrester report states that C3.ai is focused on “its analytics capabilities, using data from connected devices to drive tangible business outcomes.” The report also noted that C3.ai maintains strong relationships with public cloud platforms, device makers and others, noting that “…each deployment tends to be very large, with customers extremely positive about the nature and depth of the relationship.”
The Forrester Wave: Industrial IoT Software Platforms report evaluated 15 companies on 24 different criteria to help infrastructure and operations professionals identify the right provider for their business.
*Professional Services (tied), Security (tied).