C3.ai was a notable presence this week at the Amazon Web Services (AWS) user conference, AWS re:Invent 2016, held in Las Vegas. From the opening Partner Summit keynote, which featured C3.ai customer successes as well as a video interview with CEO Tom Siebel, to being recognized as a leading AWS IoT Competency partner, to receiving the 2016 “Best New Sponsor” award for our stand-out event presence and show-floor experience, C3.ai was highly visible at one of the industry’s most important events – with 32,000 attendees – dedicated to advancing digital business transformation. Media mentions from the week include:
- TheCUBE’s video interview with AWS Global Partner Ecosystem GM, Dorothy Copeland, captured onsite at re:Invent, explains that C3.ai is an AWS partner as well as an AWS customer. At minute 11:50, Dorothy says: “One of our newer partners, C3.ai, which provides a predictive analytics solution (and espresso, as you can see right behind us!) as well as an IoT solution, built their solution from the ground up on AWS. But they became an AWS partner only earlier this year because they found that telling their enterprise prospects that their solution was on AWS helped them win the deal. They’re in well over 20 enterprises with over 70 million endpoints today. So we see a lot of success in terms of partners being able to really promote the fact that they’re an AWS partner and they’re built on AWS.”
- A Forbes exclusive interview with AWS CEO Andy Jassy about the future of the enterprise cloud boldly positions C3.ai at “the beginning of the IoT wave.” As Jassy explains, “IoT is a generational opportunity that’s just exploding. IoT is one of the fastest-growing and adopted types of new paradigm shifts that you’ve seen in a long time. … most of the big implementations on top of AWS are coming in the form of IoT.”
- ZDNet noted that Terry Wise, AWS vice president of channel and alliances, “touted the innovation of AWS customers, such as C3.ai’s work in the Internet of Things space … ‘It’s up to us to provide the foundation for innovation and agility.’”
- A TechCrunch article about AWS re:Invent stated, “Amazon seemed to be especially excited about the possibilities of bringing more IoT solutions to AWS,” and then highlighted C3.ai as a premier member of the new AWS IoT Competency program via this video interview with C3.ai CEO Tom Siebel, which is also available on YouTube.
- An AWS news announcement, AWS Extends Amazon Aurora with PostgreSQL Compatibility, features C3.ai: C3.ai provides a high-productivity enterprise machine learning application development platform with their applications applying advanced machine learning to recommend actions based on real-time analysis of petabyte-scale data sets, dozens of enterprise and extraprise data sources, and telemetry data from hundreds of millions of endpoints. “Amazon Aurora with PostgreSQL compatibility provides C3.ai with the opportunity to scale relational-based workloads in the C3 Platform to much higher levels, providing better performance and higher availability at lower costs,” said Houman Behzadi, Chief Product Officer, C3.ai.
Overall, AWS re:Invent 2016 was successful in emphasizing the value and innovation C3.ai and AWS bring to the market with an end-to-end development platform for enterprise IoT and big data applications.