1. How and What Personal Information Is Collected
Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard. However, you may elect not to accept cookies by changing the designated settings on your web browser. Please note that some features of our Site may not function without the essential cookies.
2. How Information Is Used
We may use the Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- Sending information or materials you request
- Responding to your questions and concerns posted via the Site
- Providing a newsletter or other marketing communications
- Operating and improving the Site
- Improving our products and services and our marketing efforts
- Conducting research and analysis
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards
- Evaluating your job application if you have submitted it through the Site
- Linking or combining your information with other information we may receive from third parties to help better serve you.
3. Legal Basis for the Processing.
We will only process your Personal Information if we have one of the following legal bases to do so:
- a. the processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, such as tax reporting or regulatory requirements
- b. we have obtained your prior consent for processing your Personal Information for a specific purpose, such as evaluating your job application
- c. the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of C3, which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
4. Duration of processing of Personal Data.
When C3 is processing your Personal Information pursuant to any of the legal bases set out in section 3 above, C3 will store your Personal Information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, if legal basis b. (consent) applies, C3 will stop processing your Personal Information upon notification of your withdrawal of consent for such processing. However, where C3 is required by law to retain your Personal Information longer or where your Personal Information is required for C3 to assert or defend against legal claims, C3 will retain your Personal Information until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
6. What are Your Rights and How Can You Exercise Them?
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations (if any).
You have a right to access and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information processed by C3. If you believe that any of the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that it be corrected.
You also have the right to:
- object to the processing of your Personal Information
- request the erasure of your Personal Information
- request restriction on the processing of your Personal Information, and/or
- withdraw your consent where C3 obtained your consent to process Personal Information
We will honor such request, withdrawal or objection as required under applicable data protection rules but you should bear in mind that these rights are not absolute: they do not always apply and may be subject to exceptions.
To exercise your rights, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live or work. The contact details of each Data Protection Authority can be found at the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
7. Information Security
8. International Transfers
C3 is headquartered in the United States and has operations and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your Personal Information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection equivalent to those in your home country. Whenever Personal Information is transferred out of the EEA, the transfer is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (according to EU Commission Decision 87/2010/EC or any future replacement) or adherence to the Privacy Shield (when applicable for transfers to the United States). Regardless of where you live or where you provide information to us, you authorize C3 to use your information worldwide and to export your information to the United States and other countries.
This Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any person who provides their information to C3 through any part of the Site represents to C3 that they are 13 years of age or older.
10. Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way we collect or handle your information, please contact us at email@example.com. Our physical mailing address is:
C3 IoT, Inc.
1300 Seaport Boulevard, Suite 500
Redwood City, California 94063
We will take every privacy concern seriously and will assess it in a reasonably timely manner.