Redwood City, Calif. – February 28, 2017 – C3 today announced Version 7 of its enterprise software platform for big data, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and Internet of Things (IoT) applications, with new tools and enhancements that significantly increase the productivity of application developers, data scientists, and business analysts by enabling them to all work on the same framework. This productivity improvement reduces companies’ IT expenditures and speeds time to market of predictive analytics software applications that perform AI and machine learning at scale to recommend actionable business insights and facilitate digital transformation.
According to a Forrester Research report written by Vice President and Principal Analyst Mike Gualtieri, “Enterprise interest in AI is surging… We expect enterprise interest in, and use of, AI to increase as software vendors roll out AI platforms and build AI capabilities into applications. Enterprises that plan to invest in AI expect to improve customer experiences, improve products and services, and disrupt their industry with new business models.”
“C3 successfully addresses a number of challenges that have plagued enterprises in the past with respect to traditional approaches to Machine Learning,” said Holger Mueller, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research. “With C3, data remains in place, gets automatically updated and refreshed, and thus Machine Learning capabilities are no longer the domain of a small clique of advanced users. Business users are empowered to create their own Machine Learning-powered analytical applications and can plug them in to transactional applications as needed.”
Version 7 of the C3 Platform is rolling out to enterprise customers worldwide in Q1 2017 with advanced capabilities spanning five elements of the C3 Platform – data science tools, artificial intelligence algorithms, application development tools, edge analytics, and platform administration – that increase user productivity and accelerate the delivery of AI and IoT applications.
1. Operationalized Data Science
- C3 now offers C3 Ex Machina, a visual analytics and machine learning development tool that simplifies and speeds big data exploration and predictive analytics modeling. Powerful yet intuitive, C3 Ex Machina empowers data scientists and business analysts to extract actionable business insights quickly – and without writing any code.
- Native support for Python and R, allowing data scientists to leverage their programming language of choice and push their code back to production in the C3 Platform without re-writing any code.
2. Enterprise AI / Machine Learning
- C3 is expanding on the AI and machine learning capabilities currently integrated in its platform with additional deep learning technologies and more advanced analyses that increase the precision and accuracy of predictions. C3 also added: image processing for object and facial recognition at the edge; natural language processing (NLP) for analyzing text-based data such as hand-written notes and work logs; expanded support for libraries of machine learning algorithms; and a machine learning pipeline that makes it faster and easier to develop and deploy machine learning models and publish them back to the platform.
3. High-Productivity Application Development
- The C3 Type System, a high-level abstraction layer that enables disparate users to interact with the same metadata-driven architecture for defining and developing applications, now offers native HDFS integration to connect to customers’ data lakes as well as several enhancements that improve performance and optimize storage.
- A new version of C3’s metadata-driven, web-based development toolset, C3 Tools, improves the user’s ability to define integration processes, create and extend data models and analytics, build machine learning classifiers, and rapidly develop user interfaces.
- A new Eclipse plug-in gives developers additional tools to develop, deploy, and debug applications on the C3 Platform.
- In addition to Cassandra, C3 now provides full support for AWS DynamoDB, a fast and flexible NoSQL database service for applications that need consistent, single-digit millisecond latency at any scale.
- Integrated profiling and debugging tools enable developers to quickly resolve issues and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Improved roles and responsibility management simplifies administration and improves security.
4. Edge Integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Tighter integration with AWS IoT and Lambda lets connected devices easily and securely interact with the C3 Platform.
- Support for the C3 Type System at the edge enables customers to process and execute analytics on edge devices.
5. Intelligent Enterprise PaaS
- C3 has streamlined and improved platform administration tools, including the ability to manage environment configurations, manage auto-scaling configurations, and enable self-healing of common issues.
“Enterprises have made significant investments in data lakes, data scientists, and application developers on the road to digital transformation. However, in many cases, developers and data scientists operate in isolation, which can delay and even derail the delivery of AI and IoT applications that work. Version 7 of the C3 Platform bridges that gap by enabling disparate teams to operate on the same platform and object model. This boosts productivity tremendously, reducing our customers’ IT costs while speeding the realization of predictive analytics results.”
– Ed Abbo, President and CTO, C3
“As a second-generation, born-in-the-cloud offering, C3 boasts native, integrated AI and Machine Learning capabilities. C3 is a unique platform in that it starts with a data-first approach and combines it with a model-based development approach. Enabling both skilled professional and business users to garner insights and use Machine Learning to go beyond traditional Business Intelligence capabilities makes the platform even more appealing. Additionally, C3 ships purpose-built applications on top of the platform, but also enables enterprises to build their own applications on the platform. All these capabilities of the C3 Platform have been created with the idea of empowering a few users to do a lot of work, while at the same time broadening the potential user base by requiring more business acumen than technical knowledge from platform users.”
– Holger Mueller, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
C3 provides a next-gen enterprise platform (PaaS) for the rapid design, development, and deployment of even the largest-scale big data, AI, and IoT applications. By leveraging telemetry, elastic cloud computing, analytics, and machine learning, C3 brings the power of predictive insights to any business value chain. C3 also provides a family of turn-key SaaS IoT applications including predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply chain optimization, investment planning, and customer engagement.
Corporate Public Relations